This is a short preview of one of our workshops. For more details or if you would like to join us for a presentation of the full workshop, please contact us.
Before the IEP Meeting:
- Review your child’s records:
- Current IEP
- Most recent report card
- Progress reports toward the annual goals in your child’s current IEP
- Recent schoolwork samples
- Performance on the district, state or alternate assessments
- Results of the most recent evaluation (new information/test results should be shared with the team prior to the IEP meeting)
- Correspondence with school, teacher, others (logbook, notes, letters, etc.)
During the IEP Meeting:
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your child’s scheduled meeting.
- Check yourself and your emotions. IEP meetings can be stressful and emotional so try and remember to be cooperative, respectful, calm, and positive.
After the IEP Meeting:
- Expect to receive:
- a Prior Written Notice (PWN) stating the actions of the school regarding the decisions made at your child’s IEP;