About the Project
School Readiness Project (SRP)
SRP provides services for families of two through five year old children on O`ahu. We provide developmental, social-emotional, hearing, vision and autism screenings. For children with a possible concern, we provide case management to help resolve that concern. Training on early childhood health and developmental milestones is available for all parents. We work to help families build a medical home and support pediatricians to better meet the needs of each child. Our Mobile Screening Unit is fully operational and ready to provide screening services in your neighborhood!
What Does It Mean To Be School Ready!
- Primary Care Physician (PCP)
- Regular check-ups with PCP and Dentist
- Current shots (Immunizations)
- Healthy lifestyle habits
- Physical, Emotional, Cognitive, Spiritual
- Medical Home- A team that supports all the aspects of your child’s health and well-being!
Development is the process of learning and mastering skills during specific time periods. These guidelines or markers are called milestones. Development is assessed these areas:
- Gross Motor- large muscle movement, walking, jumping, balancing, etc.
- Fine Motor- small muscle movement, writing, grasping small objects, fastening clothing.
- Communication– verbal, non-verbal, expressive and receptive skills.
- Problem-Solving- Cause and effect, learn by imitation, trial and error
- Personal-Social- self-awareness, self-regulation and emotional development. These skills include the ability to pay attention, make transitions from one activity to another and cooperate with others.
- Social-Emotional- self-confidence, managing feelings, handling disappointment, empathy toward others, positive relationships, independence.
- Support your child’s interests
- Fill your home with books and other language materials
- Make time for your child to play and learn with you
- Have conversations with your child
- Give your child responsibilities and decision-making opportunities
- Complete the ASQ/ASQ-SE
- Share what it means to be part of a family